We’re all hopelessly dependent on different software to get us through our day-to-day tasks, and email apps and digital calendars are no exception. The chances are likely that you’re using either Apple’s products (Apple Mail, Address Book, and iCal) or Microsoft Outlook. That’s why ArchiOffice’s and EngineerOffice’s on-premise versions make it easy to sync your tasks, contacts, attachments, and more with both Apple and Microsoft’s products.
If you use Apple Mail, Address Book, and/or iCal, here’s what you need to do.
- Check and set the Apple Mail, Apple Contacts, Apple Calendar or Entourage options in ArchiOffice > Preferences > Users > Sync screen for the user who will sync that data.
- Check the “Upload Email Attachments on Server” and “Use Synchronization” options.
- The “Auto Archive Emails” option on Sync gives you the flexibility of auto-archiving synced emails in Apple Mail. Check this option if you plan to sync 100 or more emails.
- To use the Apple Contacts synchronization feature, click the username on the top-right of ArchiOffice desktop and then click “Sync” on the drop-down list. Then, make sure that the “Contacts” records in your BQE software have the Apple Contacts, “Directory”, and “Sync” options checked.
If you have multiple addresses, only the tab that has the “Sync” box checked gets data synced to Apple Contacts. In the screenshot above, it is only the information on the “Work” tab that will be synced to Apple Contacts.
If you are syncing employees specifically, their “Contact Type” should be set to “Employee,” and both the Apple Contacts and “Sync” boxes should be checked.
To set up your Outlook account, you also need to go in ArchiOffice > Preferences > Users > Sync screen.
- Check the “Upload Email Attachments on Server” and “PC Client: Outlook” options.
- Make sure that whatever the name of your mailbox is in Outlook, you enter the exact same name in ArchiOffice (it is case-sensitive as well). Some variations are as follows:
- Mailbox – Howard Roark
- Personal Folders
- To sync contacts from ArchiOffice or EngineerOffice to Outlook, make sure that the “Contacts” records have the Outlook, “Directory,” and “Sync” options checked.
A tip for both Apple and Outlook: If you try to sync twice in one day, clear the date by clicking X against the “Sync” item. If you don’t clear the date, when you initiate a second synchronization, the program finds the same date for when it last synced, and assumes that it has done the synchronization. So, nothing will sync that day.
And just like that, you can have all your information flowing between your email, calendar, contacts, and ArchiOffice.