Note: This feature is only available in BillQuick Desktop Edition.
Everyone knows clients prefer to pay with credit cards whenever they can. Hello, reward points and miles! Here’s how you can start accepting credit cards to make your clients happy. Bonus–accepting online payments can cut the non-billable time you spend on invoicing by as much as 95%!
Credit Card Processing with BillQuick
BillQuick collaborated with Innovative Merchant Solutions and PayPal to allow you to process credit cards from within the application and transfer payments directly into it. In BillQuick, you can add a link to emailed invoices. The link will contain not only the secure web address to your company’s credit card portal but also the invoice number, company name and other information, so it’s clear to your clients what they’re looking at.
Recording Credit Card Payments
Recording the payments is easy. You don’t need to go through multiple steps to download payments. In BillQuick, you can have those records in a single click. And after you’ve downloaded the credit card payments, you can filter the records based on date range, status (Success, Pending, Bad Card, Problem), and more.
Whether you process credit card payments in BillQuick yourself or your clients use your company’s self-service payment portal, transferring payments into BillQuick and applying them to invoices is a snap. Here’s how easy it is:
Step 1: Set Up a Credit Card Portal
- Sign up for a free Innovative Merchant Solutions or PayPal account.
- Enable this feature from the Global Settings-Merchant screen in BillQuick. This automatically adds a link to your invoices.
- When clients receives your invoice via email, they simply click on the link to review their bill and pay.
Step 2: Process Credit Cards
- Pull up the invoice(s) to be paid by Client, Project or Invoice in the Payment screen. Enter the payment date.
- Choose Credit Card as the Pay Method, enter the Amount and apply it to the invoice(s), then click Process Credit Card. You’ll know if the payment went through or was rejected in seconds.
Learn more about BillQuick.