ArchiOffice comes set up with default payment terms for you to use for invoicing, but you are not limited to these. The following information details how you can create your own payment terms to suit your firm’s specific needs.
Create Your Own Terms
Do the following to set your own invoice terms:
- Go to ArchiOffices’ Preferences area. In the Preferences folder tree, click on Contacts and then Defaults.
- Select Terms from the drop-down list displayed to the right of the folder tree.
- Click the Add button to create your own terms.
- Enter a payment term. You can create a term of zero for invoices due upon receipt or 15 for invoices due in 15 days. And, if you’re in no hurry to get paid, you can create a term for 300 or more. It’s your choice.
Apply It to an Invoice
To apply your new term to an invoice:
- Go to the Projects module and click the Options button on the Billing tab.
- Click the Interest button at the bottom of the page and select the new payment term you added in Preferences to apply it to the invoice.
Make It the Default
If you want to have all future projects use the new term you set up when generating invoices, do the following:
- Go to Preferences and click Billing and then Defaults in the Preferences folder tree.
- Select the new term from the Payment Terms drop-down list. This change only applies to future projects added to ArchiOffice. It will not update your existing projects.
As you can see, you’re not limited to terms of 30, 90, or 120. In a matter of minutes you can set up payment terms to suit your business’ unique billing requirements.