Do you care for your environment? If you do, take a moment and think about this:
The paperless office, once predicted as a result of information technology intervention, is far from being a reality. It is estimated that 90% of business information is still stored on paper. Surprised?
There is more…
- An average American consumes more than 700 pounds of paper a year – the world’s highest per capita figure.
- On average, a U.S. business office prints about 10,000 pages of paper each year! An average employee prints about 6 wasted pages per day.
- If your office cuts paper usage by just 10% it would prevent the emission of 1.6 million tons of greenhouse gases – the equivalent of taking 280,000 cars off the road!
- The U.S. uses 68 million trees each year to produce 17 billion catalogs and 65 billion pieces of direct mail.
Each one of us can make a difference:
- Think twice before hitting the Print button.
- If you have to print, print on both sides of the paper.
- Shred your used office paper for packaging.
- Use scrap paper for notes.
- Switch from printed documents to electronic documents.
- And last but not the least, use BillQuick’s Email feature to send invoices and reports to your clients and staff.