Get the most out of your iPhone using the lesser-known but highly valuable shortcuts. These deep features can be easily accessed with the Tips & Tricks-iPhone Secrets app. Here are 5 tips & tricks to get started:
- Battery Life: Your battery last longer when you keep your phone between 32-95°F. Also, don’t use a case that restricts the air supply. To monitor your battery life in percentage settings, go to Settings, General, Usage.
- Security: Many phone has more information than phone numbers and contacts. There may be confidential financial information, personal banking codes, and more sitting conveniently in the palm of your hand. It could also be sitting in someone else’s hand if you lose your phone or it is stolen. Be sure to use the Passcode Lock (Settings, General). You can also remotely use Remote Passcode Lock (via MobileMe at www.me.com).
- Voice Control: ‘Open Sesame’ might not be as common as ‘Call Office’, but iPhone can handle your spoken commands. You can make calls, play music and more using the Voice Control app.
- Screen Capture: In addition to taking pictures of others, you can take a picture (screen shot or still image from a video) by pressing the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously. You can view the screen shots via Photos app, Camera Roll.
- Scientific Calculator: Just got to do that calculation now? Use your iPhone to perform them. Open the usual Calculator app then tip the phone sideways to reveal the scientific calculator.
Like it? Stay tuned for more in future blog posts. If you are ready to advance your iPhone usage, download the free Lite version of this app or buy the full version.