BillQuick includes many ‘Batch’ capabilities. In How To Batch Clone Projects we showed how to create multiple project records at one time. Now let’s look at how to batch edit multiple records.
Say you cloned a phased project and need to update multiple fields in the project records.
1. Click the Change button.
2. Click the down arrow next to the Select Project(s) field.
3. Scroll down to the new Phased Project.
4. Select the project records for the Main (parent) project and each phase. These are the records you want to edit.
5. Enter the data you want in each field you want to change or select an item from the drop-down list.
6. Click the Apply button and then Close.
That was easy!
But What If. . .
But what if the new data varies for different projects records among the ones you batch cloned or want to update? For example, say you created 500 corporate tax return project records. Of these, only 25 are billed ‘Hourly’; the rest are ‘Fixed Fee’.
In this scenario you would make multiple passes through the project records using the Change screen.
Pass 1 – Select the 2009-1120 group and select Fixed Fee. You would edit other fields as needed.
Pass 2 – Select the 25 project records individually (rather than as a group), then select Hourly.
The same multi-pass process would be used if responsibility for the tax returns was split between ‘Sally’ and ‘Mike’.