Tip #5 – Oh! I Forgot the Retainer!
Did you forget to apply part of the project retainer to an invoice? Relax! BillQuick handles this in a couple of ways depending on the situation.
Situation 1 – No Payment or Other Action
- Tell your client to throw away the invoice you sent them.
- Reverse the invoice on the Invoice Review screen.
- On the Billing Review screen, apply your billing decisions including the portion of the retainer to be applied against the Net Bill Amount. (You can use the same invoice number or a new one.)
- Generate the invoice.
- Mail or email the new invoice to your client.
Method 2 – Client Changed the Net Due
If your client deducts the retainer to come up with a new net amount due, then cuts and sends you a check, you should:
- On the Payment screen, pull up the invoice.
- Choose a date for the record.
- Select Use Retainer from the Pay Method drop-down list.
- Enter the portion of the retainer you want to apply to the invoice.
- Click Auto-Apply.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for the check.
Isn’t that easy?